Monday, September 22, 2008

Alive and well in Hondo...

Hey all! I only have limited time here on the net so I'll make it quick. We made it here late Saturday night and had quite the adventure. Note to self: learn spanish. This place is very interesting. Think Mackinaw Island-meets-third-world-HUMID-country-meets-youth-hostel-meets-blue-carribean-sea. There is just way to much to tell but it will be an interesting story. God bless Deep Woods Off...currently I look like a leper from the bug bites on my legs but finally the trade winds started blowing and now the bugs are mostly gone. We've gone on four dives here (the water is a steamy 87 degrees) so far and they were quite good with sightings of trigger fish, a ray, trumpetfish, needlefish and about a zillion other colorful specimens. Our first dive master, Brian, was very good - and get this his parents live in Prudenville, MI! Talk about smalllllll world. Ok well the power and internet are sketchy here so I'm signing off for now. Don't know if there will be any posts until I get back...but stay tuned! It's back to snorkeling out front of our place... :)

No comments: