Henceforth, on March 29, we hit the airport and jetted off to Puerto Rico to a resort on the south side of the island (the Copamarina). Dang yo.
This was our view (we chose the cheap garden-view...and yes, that's the ocean beyond the garden).

After od'ing on food at a very tasty breakfast, we parked in the sun for a few hours - first dragging our chairs into the water...then under that thatched roof hut you see out there in the ocean, the warm-as-bath-water-Carribean-Sea, I mean hey, you need some shade when you're as white and reflective as I am.

After all that work, I took my boy for a sunset snorkeling trip a town or two over. Where our resort is located is technically a desert because of the way it is protected by the mountains - so even though it's sunny at the resort does not mean it's not raining on the other side of the mountain...hence the cloudy sky in some of the snorkeling photos. I think the snorkeling would have been better had the sun been out more but oh well, the nighttime swim in the bioluminescent bay made up for it. As I did not have a tripod with me I didn't get any really cool photos of that, but if you want to find out what it is read here: http://www.biobay.com/ - this is not where we were, but it's the same concept. It was like swimming in the stars. Very cool. Bad for photography.
As we were walking to the snorkeling boat I did find one of Jack Spa.rrow's boats...

The canals were lined with little vacation homes like these that are the last of their kind. The boat guy told us they cannot be rebuilt if they are destroyed because there can be no more building to preserve the canals. So we inquired as to how much one would cost. He told us people don't sell them because they are too valuable and if they were they would cost a great deal. Natrually we asked how much one would cost if available and the reply was, "Oh very costly, maybe $150,000-200,000.". Um. Ok. Where do I sign?

How'd you like one of these babies in your bed. eeeesh.

The sunset of the "sunset snorkel trip" - directly after this sunset the wife of the dive shop owner we were with made us some traditional dish that was tasty but we both could have used about 10 more of them...chicken empanadillas...yum.

Meanwhile, it becomes the next day and viola, back at the beach. In the sun. It was hot. And great. While Tony was scuba diving I planted myself on a great bed on the beach...for four hours. It was just awful, I swear. Nap. Read. Nap. Read. Nap. Suduko. Take a picture. Nap. (I left my feet in this picture so you could truly see that I was in fact staring at the Carribean Sea.)

More of the view...and that bed on the left just happens to be juuuust like the one I planted myself in for four-six hours. Hey someone had to do it. I just wanted to take one for the team.

OK, and after much hooey from you people, here is a picture of the elusive Tony. Although i'm taking a vote of which one to keep on here. Tony says the first one I say the second. Since Ryan's on vacation you'll all have to weigh in on which one to keep. Man, I really need to get into the sun more. (minus the part of me that was severely sunburned from the first round of being in the sun on Sunday.) Owwwweeee. Make sure to get the sunblock everywhere...otherwise your skin has a great way of showing you just where you missed in really stupid places.


That's it. I have recommendations if you decide to go to our tropical territory but in general if I had to return to PR it would definitely be to the south or west side...and NOT San.Juan. It better get summer here quick, that was a definite teaser.
6 comments:
I like the first pic of you and the man best..... (thought I'd weigh in!)
Looks like a fun trip!!
:) Lou
Weighing in from the Florida Keys, I say that "the man" looks like he is way more into you in the first picture. The light and setting is better in the second. You look weird in both :) Thanks for the pics, looks like you guys had a great time.
Peace out, as I type this looking over palm trees on the shore of the Atlantic.
R
Really nice. That's because I'm not a.) picking my nose; b.) sticking my toungue out; or c.) making a dorky face. So there.
A BLOG! WHEN THE HELL DID YOU START A BLOG!
You never told me. I feel so neglected!
Nice pics. Get a pedicure.
Cheers,
Melissa
Hey - you're not set up for anonomys comments. What's up with that? There's a few folks I've let know that you are out here and they can't leave a comment because they are not "blogger id"
Sorry about the anonymous issue. I had to moderate because I was getting spam comments that were leading people to not-so-nice pages. :)
Post a Comment