Sunday, October 21, 2007

Girls weekend gone crazy

Well four of us headed to a girls weekend just outside of Gladwin and lo and behold the place we stayed at also had an adventure course and Jenny happened to ask if they would open it up for us...and viola! So I, Kristy, who has said in the past she would never jump out of airplane...that I would have to be pushed...because I would never knowingly leap out of the plane itself. Well I thought those same things standing on a platform 70 feet off the ground about to leap into the great unknown anchored to a zip cord. They guy told me to just sit on the edge and just ease into it....sheeeayaah, right....so I ran and leaped off like a lunatic. Screaming the entire way...it was fantastic.

Then Jenny and I said we'd also give the "Giant Swing" a try. Sounds all nice and sweet right? WRONG? Terror swept into my heart as they yelled from 43 feet below "SWING ON" and my shaky hand reached out and realized all the separated me from certain death was a very small thread. The zip cord was nothing compared to hurtling through space towards the river on the giant swing. More screaming. Ten hours later, my blood pressure is still not in the right zone. Soooooo, when do we go back?

This would be Jenny having just leaped off the platform...

That would be me on my 1100 foot journey to that bunk house waaaaaay off in the distance.

Jenny at the 43 foot top of the giant swing about to let go.

Jenny in a wide swing over the river...not plunging to certain death.

Old Jenny overexposed all the photos of me on the giant swing...see I told you the photographer should never the subject! If only sound went along with this - you would be assured a good chuckle.

No comments: