Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Winter Pilsner/Lager Olympics

I was invited by my friend Emily to take part in the "1st Annual" Winter Pilsner/Lager Olympics. Her friend Charlie threw this event together (he definitely has a future as an event planner) and man was it a good time. The party whipped up around 1pm and they were still at it when we left at 8pm! How often do you get to play flippy cups, beer pong, keg throwing, sled relay and one-armed-basketball-with-a-beer-in-the-other-hand? This is only a sampling of the fun...


Here's Dave attempting to master Flippy Cup.


The fine art of Beer Pong. Our team rocked the first round but were beaten in the championship.


Here is my team (The Channel 4 News Team) reading the sculpture instructions. Let me just mention that they included a "tip": Don't let the neighbors see what you're up to. The theme was *ahem* rather explicit...and that is also the reason why you will not see pictures of our WINNING sculpture. Here's a more tame one below...


This team was giving me the "no photos yet" paparazzi hand. I'll just say they created a lovely "forest". I'm not going to say of what because I don't need every search engine on the internet to bring the weirdos.


Here are the teams after the first round complete with medals around their necks - Josh, Emily and Dave. (sorry I can't remember the whole team name!)


The Dirty Samuel Adams Team


The Channel 4 News Team - we were the champions!!


Once again, I can't remember the team name, except that they were all from the Essexville area...


These were the fourth place prizes...and the most popular I might add. I'm proud to say I recieved two!


Thug Emily partying down like a rockstar with her bling!


Party planner King Charlie and Dirty Samuel Adams team member Tara.


I've never seen one of these contraptions but apparently it is indeed a "Shot-Ski". Drew is ever so kindly filling them up with every one's favorite...Jager. Eeeesh.


There was a whole of "busta move" going on.

No comments: